Monday, March 23, 2009

Should have been 8

On Sunday I attempted to run 8 miles and it did not go very well. Started off okay and made it to mile marker 7.5 which I haven't seen since before the Vegas race. This made it about 4 miles and I turned around to run home. That was the beginning of the end. My blood sugar must have dropped suddenly as my hands and feet both felt tingly and I just couldn't run. I ran/walked to mile marker 6 and then just couldn't do it anymore. I had to walk 1.5 miles on the trail and then the rest of the 1 mile home. It was ridiculous and took me over two hrs to do all this. I was so mad that this happened as I really thought I could do 8 miles. This makes the whole race in two weeks seem not very likely to happen. At this pt it is going to be a wait and see approach.

0 comments: