Friday, March 20, 2009

Animals on the Trail


Last week I was running in the morning and for the first time ever a dog came out of nowhere. He looked at me and ran away. It made me think what would I do if an animal attacked me while out on the trail. Its basically just me, a few bikers and other runners, and that is it. I still have not come up with a solution to that issue besides squirting water in it's face or hitting it with a stick. Anyway today I was running and this odd looking cat ran across the trail. It was not a raccoon and not a normal sized cat. So this is what I think it was. A Scottish wild cat, which makes its home normally in Asia and Europe. The real question is then what is he doing in Maryland???

Ran 4 miles today, no ipod and no water bottle. Not having the water really hurts me at times but I wanted to go without it for once.

Goal is 8 miles on Sunday, 2 weeks and 2 days until the race.

0 comments: