Wednesday, August 20, 2008

going faster


I ran the same route today that I usually go on Mass. Ave. This time I got there a lot faster than usual which is good, but I didn't keep it up after the first 15 mins. I need to keep better track of what I am eating the night before I go running b/c the pizza from last night didn't help much I think. I am getting more tired during the day when I go running in the mornings too so I am going to have to see what I can do to help that out.

Sam gave me a lot of support and advice yesterday about the race. I ordered the socks that he recommended b/c I am trying to ensure my feet don't get any injuries along the way. He is running a marathon in Erie on 9/20th. Running in Erie seems to be easier b/c it is so incredibly flat and theres the beach to look at as well. I am looking forward to doing that when I go home for Labor Day wknd.

I also ordered some running shorts with plenty of pockets to put things in. I don't know how cool these are going to look, but hopefully they will be helpful for the day of the race.

Official training starts on 9/15th. 15 weeks and 3 days until the race.

0 comments: