Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New York test strips


We went to NYC this past weekend. We left early Sat morning and came back home on Sunday night. It was a nice one night trip that we are very glad we did! I didn't bring as many diabetic supplies as I normally do on trips because it was for such a short amount of time. I didn't bring any extra insulin with me because I figured the insulin in my pump was enough to hold me for a one night trip. The only issue was that I forgot to bring any extra test strips. I looked at the bottle when we were more than half way to New York and was upset to see I only had brought one bottle of test strips! Luckily there were 17 strips in there, way more than enough than Id need for that amount of time, but it still seems stressful to know that you don't have an endless supply of strips. I felt that I had to ration out the strips to make sure I didn't run out of them just in case, but 17 still should have been enough for one full day. This seems to happen to me a lot. If only strips didn't cost $1 per strip, than it would not be so horrible if you ran out of them and had to go stock up on more from the pharmacy!

0 comments: