Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday D Blog Post


Day 5- Let's get moving. Exercise . . . love it or hate it? Do you have a regular exercise routine? Or do you have trouble finding your exercise motivation? How do you manage your insulin and food to avoid bottoming out during your workout? Today is the day to tell us all about your exercise habits, or lack thereof.

Running. Thats it. That is the only thing I have ever been able to consistently stick with and see results from. Now the problem with my running is that at times it is erratic. Some may say its great that I have ran 3 half marathons, 2 ten milers, and countless other smaller races, but there is still more to do. I like running when its good and I hate running when its bad.

The only thing that has ever made me want to run is to have a race to train for and know that I have to go. If I had to run based on my own accord, Id probably never go. But that is until now. Yesterday I ran 2 miles. Just 2 little miles. I even walked once, once considered a big no-no. And yet it was good. I was overheated and the smog from the busy road I ran on was too much and yet I did it. No ipod or waterbottle needed either, just me running however long and however fast I wanted to and it was nice.

We shall see how running treats me in the future, but my leg muscles look better, my A1C is at its greatest level ever, and I love the feeling of accomplishing a race or run. So I think we have a long future together.

0 comments: