Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Back to Life....

After the wedding and the honeymoon we both thought it would be best if I started going to see all of my doctors in case we decided that we wanted to have a baby in the near future. Being a diabetic brings along the added challenge of needing an official green light from all of my doctors before we should/can decide to try for a baby. And being that I have been told to try "sooner rather than later" many times before we thought we should get moving on this. My endo had told me over a year ago that I had the okay from her to start trying after the wedding. She always said I was one of her best patients and to stop worrying and everything would be okay. My last A1C with her was 5.8 so I had that going for me too. Sadly though with living in Columbia, her office in Georgetown is just too far from here and so as of Jan 2011 I will start to see someone new and hope she can be as positive as this doctor was. Then I went to see my new Primary Care Doctor in Columbia as I needed his help to balance out the blood pressure issues. He put me on a pregnancy safe blood pressure med, and 2 mos into it, luckily its worked out pretty well. He also did a new A1C and that came back at 6.1. He said that was obviously still good and I told him I blamed the wedding and honeymoon for causing it to go up and got prepared to make it go down again. He also did an EKG to make sure my heart looked good and that went well too. I see him again in Jan but he told me all is well as far as he is concerned. The last stop was the eye doctor and that was the best visit of all. He ranted about how "proud" he was of me and that if I had not told him I was diabetic for 25 years, he would have never known b/c my eyes were that good! So as far as the doctors are concerned we are 3/3 and ready to give this all a shot.

Then there are my numerous concerns. I read too many articles and always think it could happen to us. Sometimes it is hard to not think of all the things that can go wrong. But, we shall see where this road takes up, but reading other peoples blogs and listening to my always optimistic husband hopefully this road will take us to a healthy Jenny and a healthy baby at some point in the future, however near of far it is!

0 comments: