Friday, April 30, 2010

1 day some hours to go.....

wow...no clue where this week has gone but now I am less than two days out from the race and super freaked out. It just isnt going well and I am losing any self esteem I had regarding running. I just hope I am wrong and when I get out there and see the crowds and the music that I am able to just keep going. I hope that I do well enough that I am proud of it all. I just dont want to screw it all up and be standing there like an idiot in front of the people who came to watch. We'll see how it goes. I also hope this quote is true b/c I am not feeling like much a runner. I havent ran nearly as much to get prepared for this race as I did with the other two and now all my facebook friends will get updates on how I am doing via my status updates. That could be neat, lets hope it is and not a travesty in the making.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

John Bingham, running writer and speaker

0 comments: