Monday, October 19, 2009

not so good 9


I was reading what I wrote for the last time I ran 9 miles for the Vegas Half Marathon. It was a lot better than this run went. The weather wasnt the greatest, but it was cool which I think always helps. Mike said he'd run with me for the first half of it. So we were supposed to go to mile 8 on the trail and then turn around. Well the first 4 miles were okay and then I just crashed. My legs and arms and lips felt tingly and I just couldnt go any further. I turned around before reaching the mike 8 sign. I ate all the energy jelly beans I had and then attempted to run. It was more a of a run/walk method from there until the end. Not good and not a good way to motivate me as the miles go up in nature. I felt horrible and tired and couldnt wait to just sit down. My blood sugar was 78 at the end which probably means it was even lower when I started to not feel that well. I am going to attempt to run 10 on Saturday. I dont know what the issue is. I just thought Id be a pro at this being the second time around and thats just not the case. Hopefully this improves soon so I can feel confident going into the race!

0 comments: