Friday, September 19, 2008

neighborhood vs. trail


I went for 3 miles today in my neighborhood. normally i run on trail and it seems to go rather well. something about seeing a sign every half mile telling me where I'm at, as well as running on a path i know with other people seems to help. today i ran in my neighborhood mostly b/c i was running late and thought it would save me some time. i never seem to do as great doing that for some reason. i don't like that i end up paying more attention to the road and the cars and where i am at that it ends up throwing me off and i need to walk for a little bit to regain some energy. this does not happen on the trail. I'm going back to that.


pic is from Dan's visit last wknd. it was fun to see the city and go to the newseum. it is great to run in a city where it seems that a lot of the people living here like to do the same thing. the trail is always crowded on the wknds and it is almost hard to not bump into people at times on bikes.

0 comments: