Monday, September 29, 2008










It is funny sometimes what things inspire me to run and how sometimes it just makes sense that certain things would help. Mike ran in the Ragnar Relay race on Friday and Sat. It started in Cumberland, MD and went to DC. That is 183 miles for a team of twelve people to run. Each person runs 3 legs ranging anywhere from 3-9 miles. His team came in 4th place out of 116 teams which is simply amazing. It was a lot of fun to watch and cheer them on and it was nice to see it all work out so well. Andy ran on a team as well and his team came in 19th place which is awesome too! Seeing all those people just run and do what they had to do was inspiring. I went on Sunday for a 5 mile run on the trail in the oddest weather I have seen in a while. It was windy, humid, and cold all throughout the 50 mins I was out there. It was raining at one point while the sun was out. I was struggling at points to keep it together and kept finding things to make me keep going. I passed an older woman, I cant let old people pass me. I saw a girl wearing a sports bra and thought if she can run looking ridiculous like that than I can surely keep going. I saw a squirrel at one point who ran right in front of me and wouldnt move and I figured I wanted to keep going so I could away from the crazy squirrel. So overall I have two weeks down and ten more to go of this training according to Nike running!






0 comments: