Thursday, July 31, 2008

Stopping




Today I woke up and my throat and ears were killing me. I drank some orange juice and then went on my way. I decided to only run for 25 mins b/c I didnt think it was a good idea to keep running when I didnt feel that great. It went better than I expected, but it was a struggle with the humidity as well. As I ran I thought that running would somehow make me not get sick and that I had to stick with it. Hopefully this is something minor that passes in a day or two, but we'll see. It is definitely putting a damper in my plans. The weather isnt helping either, that picture of a humid DC is fitting.




Had my doctors appt yesterday. She didnt really say anything I didnt already know. She said I needed to test out different rates to set the little insulin pump at to make sure my blood sugars remain steady. She talked a lot about shoes and making sure I had the right ones and how I should eat something before I run anything above 6 miles at least. All in all she said she encourages me to set a goal and try to achieve it. She also said I must get one of those shirts with pockets in it so I can carry my monitor with me when I run rather long distances. That will be a sight.

0 comments: