Tuesday, December 16, 2008


Dear Jennifer :
Congratulations, you are successfully registered for the 2009 Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run on April 5, 2009. We look forward to greeting you on Saturday, April 4 at our Health and Fitness Expo in the spectacular National Building Museum in downtown Washington, DC, and on race day at our staging area on the Washington Monument Grounds on the National Mall. We know you will enjoy our flat and fast course past the legendary Japanese cherry trees and our National Monuments. We encourage everyone to take Metro to the race - the Smithsonian stop is less than 1/4 mile away from the start and finish lines. Metro will open at 5 a.m. to allow plenty of time to make the trip.

Sincerely,
Credit Union Cherry Blossom Organizing Committee

It looks like I have another race to run in. I told Mike this and I truly believe it that I feel like if I dont have a race or event somewhere down the line that I am going to slide back into my old ways of not running and not exercising. That is a life I dont want to see again so here comes the Cherry Blossom ten miler. My goal for this is to improve my times from the Half Marathon per mile. Plus it is a really flat race and it will give me an excuse to get out there and see the Cherry Blossoms in 2009. Mike ran the 5K last year for this race and it was raining the whole time so hopefully that doesnt happen again for this one!

0 comments: