Monday, December 1, 2008

5 days



We leave for Vegas in 3 days. Race is in 5. After running 13 miles on 11/22 I was feeling overly prepared for the race. Then this past week really dampened that whole thing. I havent felt good running since 11/22 and it is Dec 1st. I was supposed to run an easy ten miles on Saturday and I could barely manage 7.5. I was in Erie, it was freezing outside, I got lost on the trails at times, and I wasnt functioning well with the lack of sleep, but those all seem like excuses. I felt when I signed up for this race back in August that by Dec 1st I would be a runner who could easily go out the door and just run and feel fine doing so. That just isnt the case and it becomes difficult to get passed that.

I have 5 miles tomorrow, 4 on Thurs, 2 on Fri and thats it. With the new music uploaded on the ipod, the new running clothes, the warmer weather in Vegas, the people dressed up who run as Elvis, and the adrenaline of being there I am hoping to put all negative running behind me. It is nerve wracking though.

0 comments: