Thursday, September 17, 2009

Another 5K and the wknd in Erie....

We signed up for another 5K race in Arlington, VA on Nov 8th. That is right before the half marathon on Nov 14th so I think itll be a good way to get me ready. The race is in honor of a little girl who has brain cancer. Her Dad is a John Carroll graduate and I saw an article about the race in a John Carroll email I got today and I thought I had to sign up. The little girl has a webpage devoted to her and it was nice to read it and see how she is doing.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/teamalexis

Mike and I went back to Erie again this wknd. Papa John passed away on September 13th. It was all very sad but he was finally at peace and hopefully the funeral went how he wanted it too. One of the last things I told him about was how we are running in the half marathon in Richmond.




Running in Erie went okay this wknd. Mike and I ran 6 miles in DC on Saturday which went better than expected. I had to walk a few times but I never felt that I couldnt do it at all. I didnt run again until Tuesday and though we only went 3 miles, it felt brutal. Taking days off in between running is great sometimes, while other times it really hurts! Of course I am not running again until tomorrow so I will probably be kicking myself then as well!

1 comments:

Mike said...Best Blogger Tips

Remember to check your oil!